Please or Register to create posts and topics.

(The) Revenge - a radio 3 drama

Does anyone remember a short radio play (half-hour I think) called either "Revenge" or "The Revenge". It was broadcast on Radio 3, probably in the late 70s or early 80s. It was special. As I remember, 

• No dialog, just sound effects. There were actors making sounds, breathing heavily, exclaiming ah, ouch, and so on), but no actual words. 
  • Broadcast in binaural stereo. We were recommended to listen with headphones.
  • Written by Andrew Sachs. Yes, the wonderful actor who played (among many other roles) Manuel in Fawlty Towers.
  • On Radio 3. After the play was finished, they asked listeners to write in and describe the story they just heard.
    • Most listeners reported hearing the same basic story, though they often interpreted some elements differently. 

I'd love to hear this again.

It doesn't turn up via search on Dimsdale. Any ideas where I might find it? Can anyone fill in any details?

Thank you.

Richard

Is this the one?

https://m.soundcloud.com/bronaanorb/andrew-sachs-the-revenge

TheJ0ker has reacted to this post.
TheJ0ker

Yes, this is it. I've been hoping to hear this play again for many years and you have given me the link so quickly. Wonderful.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The link so kindly provided above (by dogballs, 2/10/2021) is to soundcloud.com rather than dimsdale. But it is totally fine for listening. Amazing. Worth your time. 

I don't know if it is practical/legal for dimsdale to link to soundcloud. Or maybe to download a copy from soundcloud and make it available via dimsdale. I'll leave that to the experts to consider.

Enjoy! It is a unique experience and has been so hard to find until now.

Suggestions Click Here