Members get information about when streams/downloads become available, as well as accessing podcast RSS feeds for freely-available content to make listening to great shows a breeze, Register Here
“This is my favourite book in all the world, though I have never read it.”
When William Goldman discovers The Princess Bride by S Morgenstern is not the swashbuckling fantasy his father read him as a child, but is in fact a patchy and extensive historical satire, he sets out to create the “Good Parts” version…
A tale of true love and high adventure featuring a fighting giant that loves to rhyme, a swordsman on the ultimate quest for revenge, a pirate in love with a princess, a princess in love with a farm boy and a prince in love with war.
First a novel, then a film, now an audio experience! It’s inconceivable that you wouldn’t want to download this, The Best Bits of the Good Parts Version by Stephen Keyworth.
A two-part, full-cast dramatisation of swashbuckling adventure plus five short stories.
Short stories read by Grant O’Rourke
- The Book – William Goldman’s fictional account of how he came to transform The Princess Bride from a dull historical satire into a tale of true love and high adventure.
- The Bride – Buttercup is the most beautiful woman in the world and she’s about to realise she’s in love with a farm boy.
- The Prince – When a war loving Prince realises he needs to marry, the royal family begin searching for a suitable bride.
- The Henchman – How does a simple giant that loves to rhyme become a master villain’s henchman?
- The Swordsman – The story of why Inigo Montoya becomes the greatest swordsman in the world and why he uttered the infamous words: “My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!”
- S01E01 – The Princess Bride
- S01E02 – The Princess Bride
- S02E01 – The Book
- S02E02 – The Bride
- S02E03 – The Prince
- S02E04 – The Henchman
- S02E05 – The Swordsman