Members get information about when streams/downloads become available, as well as accessing podcast RSS feeds for freely-available content to make listening to great shows a breeze, Register Here
Jack Flander’s classic adventures within the various levels of the mysterious Fouth Tower of Inverness. Counting only three towers at the old Victorian mansion, he searches hollow walls, underground passages and moving panels to discover doors opening into different dimensions.
The adventure takes place in an estate called Inverness, and the action focuses upon a mysterious and (at first) illusory extra tower of the mansion, which many visitors have attempted to reach, ultimately vanishing in the process.
Jack Flanders, a hitchhiker and drifter, is invited to the estate of his aunt, Lady Sarah Jowls. As Jack approaches the estate, he sees an outline of the mansion silhouetted against the night sky, with four distinct towers reaching up to the sky, though his aunt and everyone else who lives there insists there are only three towers.
Jack slowly becomes familiar with the strange inhabitants of Inverness, including the mansion’s caretaker, Old Far-seeing Art, who can listen to the aum sound emanating from the center of the Universe, and tends to the estate’s hedge maze, a place that only he can enter without going insane. Others include Dr. Mazoola, an alchemist of the first order, Jives the Butler, who is an old quick-change artist with a dry sense of humor, the Madonna Vampyra, an energy vampire who lives in the mansion’s hollow walls, Wham Bam Shazam, a young man with a penchant for the 1950s whom Chief Wampum is teaching to fly, and Little Frieda, a Venusian who is a “million and a half” years old, but looks like a small girl with no pupils in her eyes, large pigtails, and a penchant for smoking huge Havana cigars.
The group teaches Jack what he needs to know in order to successfully enter, and, more importantly, return from, the Fourth Tower, ranging from an explanation of the Tibeten Wheel of Life to a past-life regression and a lesson on how to draw energy from trees.
Lord Henry Jowls, the husband of Lady Jowls, vanished without a trace into the mysterious Fourth Tower some years ago. Lady Jowls is disturbed by the recent happenings at the mansion, in particular an old jukebox somewhere in one of the mansion’s towers, that plays 1950’s songs whenever an accident is about to occur. Accidents have been on the rise in Inverness recently, and range from simple misunderstandings involving an aroused kundalini to a fire-breathing dragon.
Jack realizes that the mysterious jukebox must be playing in the invisible Fourth Tower, and is determined to find its source. It is said that in the past, eight people have seen and entered the fourth tower of Inverness, and none have returned alive. Jack Flanders is the ninth.
- S01E01 – There Is No Fourth Tower
- S01E02 – Two Bear Feet
- S01E03 – Bargaining With Borneo Cannibals
- S01E04 – The Price Is Your Heart!
- S02E01 – Me Hide, You Seek
- S02E02 – I Saw A Unicorn Once
- S02E03 – There Won’t Be Any Me Left
- S02E04 – It’s Coming To Feast
- S02E05 – I’m Back In My Body
- S02E06 – Past Lives Of Jack Flanders
- S03E01 – Four Fat & Sassy Dragons
- S03E02 – The Tibetan Wheel Of Life
- S03E03 – Laughter & Joy
- S03E04 – Many A Tear Has To Fall
- S03E05 – Hi Oh Silver, Awaay!
- S03E06 – Hey, Those Are My Toes
- S04E01 – Those Cool & Limpid Green Eyes
- S04E02 – Faster, Dr. Mazoola, Faaaaster!
- S04E03 – Myths Are Deep Within Us
- S04E04 – Woe To Thee, Unlucky Jack
- S04E05 – Let’s See You Get Out Of This One
- S05E01 – Hail, Fair Birds
- S05E02 – Twirling Their Toes
- S05E03 – Where’s That Nephew Of Mine
- S05E04 – Into The Center Of The Mountain
- S05E05 – The Dragon, It’s Coming!
- S05E06 – What Awaits Behind This Third Door
- S05E07 – I’m Writing My History
- S06E01 – Yes, Quite Odd
- S06E02 – How Do You Fold An Om
- S06E03 – Over The Edge & Aloft!
- S06E04 – Hey, Jazzbo
- S06E05 – The Juke Box, That’s It!
- S06E06 – Hit The Road, Jack