Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Terry Alderton - More Crazy now (2016)

Hello again,

I've been looking for Terry Alderton's 2nd R4 series: "More Crazy Now"

Does anybody know where it can be found?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/terry_alderton_crazy/episodes/2/

It's on the Internet Archive but I haven't been able to find it as a stand-alone series,  only as  a small part (15 minutes) of 'blocks' of an hour  of R4Xtra streaming  ie not as a complete self-contained programme. 

Thanks Spinny, I couldn't see it on there, any chance you could share a link? thank you!

Unfortunately it doesn't come up in a search; I only noticed it because  I was browsing idly through the streaming sections (which annoy me!) for something else entirely which I never did find, and was curious as to what it was. 

I will see if I can find it again - I found the first one by accident but then it was easy to find the others.  

Right, I found it the one I found originally. I just changed the date in the URL (using the same formatting of course) to find the others.   

So, episode one is here; the programme notes can be misleading  BUT if you go forward to 44/45 minutes into the hour, there is Terry Alderton in The Dirty Smile! It wasn't what I was looking for unfortunately, but  was curious to expand my ability to find weekly episodes  in the crap search facility that is archive.org so had a play. Well, not so much a crap search facility, as people archiving stuff randomly and with inadequate even incorrect  notations etc. 

episode 2  Giant Hornets; same applies .

episode 3  Who's Dr Vet? - There is only half an hour of streaming in the file for the appropriate time and date; I remember when I found it originally I had to look elsewhere and I did find it but not where I'd come to expect.  Can't find it now but I can't remember where/how I found it originally- maybe in the file for the following hour, which now seems to have been removed. 

episode 4 A Lot of Thoughts - this is the only one that actually mentions the programme correctly!

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much Spinny! Really appreciate your digging around for those shows.

Turns out the 3rd show ,"Who's Dr Vet?" is actually there in that half hour segment, starting at 17.42

And the last episode is actually located here at 43.45

(The other archive page was mislabelled, and actually contained audio of 2 other shows.)

I really appreciate your help with this 🙂  - and you taught me how to search the radio transcripts of the internet archive, which is a great way to find stuff.  Cheers!

Suggestions Click Here