Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Free Audiobooks

Page 1 of 2Next

Librivox provides a host of public domain audiobooks available for free download (these are public domain in US, some works may not be considered such in other jurisdictions.)

I've been using some of these recordings at work for some clients with disabilities who can't read for themselves - and it's great to have a free (and legal) set of resources like this.

The archive includes stories like Little Women, War of the Worlds, Dracula, old Astounding Science Fiction magazines as well as the works of Shakespeare, Dickens, Austen etc. Basically the audio version of Project Gutenberg.

Each page also links to archive.org page for that story, with more format (e.g. m4b, different bitrate mp3.)

Quality varies, as some readers are enthusiastic contributors, others are excellent readers/vocal coaches. Perhaps we can share links to some of the higher quality performances with each other in the replies to this post.

Analogueman has reacted to this post.
Analogueman

I am looking for the audiobook “The legend” this is written by famous writer Mr. Deen. As unable to find it here please help me or share the direct link of that book. Eagerly waiting for your quick update have a great day ahead.

During the Christmas holidays, I capture several chapters from the audiobook of Christmas in the Kitchen for my little daughter. I don't know to download the whole one for free. So I use my audio capturer to record and then join them together using an audio video joiner. It's a messy process. Could anyone share some websites to download audiobooks for free? 

For the audiobooks, I usually listen to them from Audible. And sometimes I would like to enjoy them offline on the go. To do that, I use the DRmare Audiobook Converter(https://www.drmare.com/drm-audio-converter-for-win/) to help me. And then I can save Audible audiobooks to computer for using with ease.

Nebie here. Same with Henry. I like to convert Audible books to MP3 by using Tunelf Audio Converter then save on my phone for listening offline.

I am used to using Audible and it is easy to get free Audible books in different ways. The Audible to MP3 Converter is really useful to convert Audible books to MP3 and stream the books to any player for playback. 

Audiobook bay.fi.

http://audiobookbay.fi/

Analogueman has reacted to this post.
Analogueman
Quote from Mary J on 29/04/2020, 10:48 am

I am looking for the audiobook “The legend” this is written by famous writer Mr. Deen. As unable to find it here please help me or share the direct link of that book. Eagerly waiting for your quick update have a great day ahead.

The only one I can find is "the legend" which is about James Dean.

I've tried Google searc for a book called the legend by Mr deen,nothing comes up..

You don't need to convert Audible files,all you need to do is use a file explorer or text editor and just edit audible aac type file to mp3,its as simple as that.

Also works with mbr4 file types,i do EVERYTHING on android mobile phones,so I use  ES file explorer for the above type of trick,much simpler,quicker,more efficient than converting files,cos all your doing otherwise is doing a lot of processing doing nothing,audible files are already mp3,just with a custom file type (aac),change that file type to mp3,and voilà ,done...i use an audiobook reader called,Smart audiobook player,(paid for version) it's pretty basic and simple but works very well.

For some old radio series not available elsewhere,try online radio stations pumpkin fm and Rokit radio,both play old shows,some old classics like The navy lark,hudd lines,etc are played everyday.

stuart_esq and Analogueman have reacted to this post.
stuart_esqAnalogueman
Page 1 of 2Next

Suggestions Click Here