Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Caution: Ransomware Attack (.looy)

Unfortunately, on 28th of March, my laptop (with real-time protection by Eset) was ambushed by a ransomware; all of my audiobooks, pictures and documents (800 GB data in total) have gotten encrypted.

This happened while I was uploading to Archive via Waterfox.

I laboriously managed to manually remove the ransomware; Eset just didn't detect it even on full-scan mode. But, like I wrote earlier, I have lost all my stuff.

So please, be mindful of this virus, while uploading/downloading files.

Really sorry to hear about your issues Yasser, I would like to take this opportunity to educate and reassure people on what ransomware is and how it infects your computer.

1. Malspam (Malicious Spam): Threat actors use spam emails to deliver malware. They send unsolicited emails with malicious attachments (such as PDFs or Word documents) or links.

2. Malvertising (Malicious Advertising): Malware distribution via online ads. Users can be directed to criminal servers without clicking on an ad.

3. Spear Phishing: Targeted phishing emails. For example, posing as the CEO or HR department to trick employees into downloading malicious content.

4. Social Engineering: Threat actors pose as trusted sources to manipulate victims into taking harmful actions.

Remember, staying vigilant and cautious while handling emails and browsing the web is crucial to avoiding these threats! 🛡️🔍

Do not install anything on your phone or pc without being sure that its safe. 

Dimsdale website advertises using google and as far as possible is safe and while it is possible for MP3 files to be carriers of malware, the risks are very low compared to other forms of malware distribution. MP3's are the audiobooks you listen to and are therefore safe to listen to as they are not being executed on your device but played through another piece of software for example your podcast player.

Any Questions please ask. thanks. TheJ0ker

YasserTariq, ForgetIt and ruthyx have reacted to this post.
YasserTariqForgetItruthyx
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Suggestions Click Here