Members get information about when streams/downloads become available, as well as accessing podcast RSS feeds for freely-available content to make listening to great shows a breeze, Register Here
Space Force was a BBC Radio science fiction serial, broadcast from 4 April 1984 to 17 June 1985.
Written by Charles Chilton, it was originally intended to be a sequel to his 1950s Journey into Space series, using the same cast who had made a one-off revival of that series entitled ‘The Return From Mars’ in 1981. While this idea was dropped late in the development of the serial, the four characters, played by Barry Foster, Nigel Stock, Nicky Henson, and Tony Osoba, are nevertheless essentially the same as those from the earlier series, albeit with different names.
The first series sees the team travelling to Jupiter, where they encounter a ship crewed entirely by female aliens.
The second series finds the crew tackling aliens posing as ancient Egyptians.
Within both series, Space Force is the name of the team’s spaceship, rather than the name of an organisation.
- S01E01 – The Voice from Nowhere
- S01E02 – Towards the Unknown
- S01E03 – The Silver Strangers
- S01E04 – The Time Ship
- S01E05 – Threshold of Stars
- S01E06 – Marooned in Space
- S02E01 – The Return of the Sun God
- S02E02 – The Red Planet
- S02E03 – The Great Martian Pyramid
- S02E04 – A Test of Endurance
- S02E05 – Living With Death
- S02E06 – Unto Death – And Beyond